Cancer Advocacy Program
Welcome to Galaxy’s Virtual Cancer Wellness Program. At Galaxy, we are dedicated to improving the health and lives of people impacted by cancer. We are here to support your mental and physical health before, during, and beyond cancer diagnosis and treatment. Our team of therapists designed this program to strengthen the mind and body and to build a community of support for you and your loved ones.
The Galaxy Virtual Cancer Wellness Program has four components:
- Individualized 30-minute fitness and wellness assessment: During this initial assessment, you will meet one-on-one with a therapist to assess your fitness level. The goal of this assessment is to prescribe the ideal level of exercise and to ensure you have optimal support with virtual and community resources.
- Weekly on-demand fitness content: Fitness for people living with cancer can look different before, during, and following cancer treatment as well as day to day. Classes are designed at three different levels: 1. Standing/Advanced 2. Seated/Modified 3. Laying Down. Moving more and sitting less is one of the best things you can do for yourself and our team motivates and guides you along the way!
- Weekly on-demand mindfulness meditation content: These classes are designed to build a resilient mindset and to give you the mental and emotional tools you need.
- Monthly live discussion group: Let’s Talk About It, our live group, meets monthly to discuss the topics that matter most, to share resources, and to build a supportive community.
Why do we focus on physical and mental health? There is a staggering amount of research that shows the benefits of exercise, mindfulness meditation, and a positive mindset when managing a cancer diagnosis. Our services complement your cancer treatment and offers the following benefits:
- Cancer recurrence prevention (research shows that some cancers like breast cancer can have up to a 60% reduced change of recurrence with exercise!)
- Improvement in cancer-related fatigue
- Improvement in chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy
- Lymphedema prevention and reduction in exacerbations
- Improvement of cardiovascular performance
- Improved physical function
- Improved body composition and body image
- Reduction of anxiety and depression
- Improved quality of life
We know there are many challenges and going through cancer treatment is draining emotionally and physically for you and those that love and support you. That is why we are excited to offer this program in partnership with BevCap and Apricity Health to give you the tools and resources you need to live your best life.
To schedule your initial assessment you can book online, call toll-free at 1-844-816-0226, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Mission for our Cancer Wellness Program is to empower the individual with cancer and their loved ones to implement tools for managing daily life with cancer in a way that brings hope, peace, and joy, by utilizing simplified resources, strengthening self through individual and group classes, support community connections and unique individualized support with an emphasis on self-compassion and resilience.