|Galaxy Brain and Therapy Center has a part time opening for a medical biller. Experience required. This position averages 20-25 hours a week with the option to increase hours as the company grows. PTO accrual, part time holiday pay, and $150/ month medical insurance reimbursement. Competitive salary based on years of experience ($16-$21/hour.) This position has flexible hours and some aspects of the job can be done remotely with occasional office time. Candidate must become familiar with our company values, embrace them and demonstrate them.
Job duties include:
- Perform medical billing for outpatient and community-based OT, PT, SLP, Massage and occasionally psychological services, to multiple insurance companies including but not limited to: private pay, BCBS, BCN, United Healthcare, Medicare, Medicaid, Auto Insurance, Workers Comp, Aetna, etc.
- Utilize Billing software and EMR integration.
- Create weekly aging reports, track reimbursement by code/insurance, create daily billing reports and accounts payable reports.
- Act as a liaison between insurance adjuster and our therapists in order to help provide letters of medical necessity, prescriptions, reports, daily notes, and advocate for needed services.
- Problem solve and communicate to adjusters to correct claim if claims are incorrectly processed or denied.
- Help to assure that Galaxy obtains the most reimbursement for each individual claim by ensuring correct billing codes and charges according to industry standards and Medicare laws.
- Be aware of upcoming changes to fee schedules, payment systems, Medicare changes, and reporting regulations through CMS in order to maintain compliance and keep our company in good standings. You may be required to provide semi-annual industry summary reports highlighting upcoming industry trends and changes.
- Communicate to therapists/managers any changes to reimbursement, reduction in payment, denial of payment.
- Have good communication skills with outside payment sources. Develop working relationships with adjusters, case managers, and attorneys, and be proactive in researching benefits to assure they are open and billable.
- Collections of bad debt after 60, 90, and 120 days.
- Take continuing education annually to assure that best practice standards are met. You may be required to take additional courses.
- Participate in blogs, newsletters, and industry networking sites to assure that Galaxy is always operating within best practice of industry standards as well as Medicare rules and regulations, fulfilling ethical responsibilities, as well as planning for any future changes.
- Be positive and always professional. This job requires an individual to be able to advocate for payment, while still performing at the highest level of professionalism, using person first language, and always assuming good will when communicating to clients, staff, and outside agencies.
MOVE FORWARD. GIVE BACK.
Meg Scaling, CEO, OTRL